Peace Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Peace Guild site! Please Register using your PW name in the guild :)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Captain Nominations

Go down 
+7
Toxicity
florra
jadaice
BrainScan
cavince_
keltec
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elvengirl

Elvengirl

Captain Nominations - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Admin wrote:
All I want to know is the names of the original members that you think should be nominated. They can't be overlooked if people bring them up Rolling Eyes

I guess extending this another day.

There is a reason why I do not wish to give out names for fear of being accused of bias. But since Tiiah insisted that I should list out names, then I guess I could oblige. These are some of the people I believe should be considered and at the same time, still active in the guild even though maybe not so talkative in guild chat. Embarassed

DEF19
over3hour
zell90
ludo8
Back to top Go down
wendy

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:11 pm

you could have just nominate them instead of (fill in the blank).. it's an open election
Back to top Go down
Elvengirl

Elvengirl

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:38 am

wendy wrote:
you could have just nominate them instead of (fill in the blank).. it's an open election

Election is something where you have a list of fixed names i.e. one have to choose between A or B.

Whereas I do NOT think this is an election - we are supposed to name people we feel is worthy to represent the guild. Hence, I do not simply like to dish out just any names.
Back to top Go down
wendy

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:46 am

if u study electorate system, election does not have to have fixed names (party list, additional member system etc, but hell forget about it here Razz), election represents democracy and everyone who feels he/she is worthy for the job can nominate themselves in the list as a independent candidate or whatsoever, same goes here.. because there are so many names nominated, there will be somehow a poll, and that poll will be an election.. this is DEFINITELY going to be an election.

it's not okay to dish out names in a certain circumstances, but to make this guild more active and to make sure that the future captains are with the good qualities, competition is needed as there will be no improvement if there's no competition. so, names of whom you think should hold the job SHOULD be listed out to make sure the right person gets the right job.
Back to top Go down
Schalf

Schalf

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:14 am

btw, good names Elven Smile

I think these names werent cited becoz, as u said, they arent that much talkative...

As a proverb said here, in Brazil, "Quem não é visto, não é lembrado". xD
That means: Who is not seen is not remembered.

Other point: many of us play in diff times, so, some "new" names, maybe, arent too new tought ;P

anyway, I think we have good and enuf names already to make the poll.
But we need more ppl voting. I see only 15-20 ppl voting, while our guild should have about 100 active players, and when I say active, means loging in everyday Razz

And we need consider some ppl that dun want Captain post.
I think zell90 is lala's EA, rite (if not pls correct me)? She was captain or commander of PeacE long time ago, so need know from ppl if THEY want have post.

For last, but not least, I want to add Elvengirl name Smile

Cya.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:43 am

It's just nominations, because like schalf said, we're online at different times, so while I'm sleeping, I have absolutely no idea who is doing what in guild. They are good names you pointed out elvy- dun be afraid to add them to this nomination list. I personally only nominated two in this thread, because everyone else named all the people I wanted to nominate lol, but it doesn't mean that others don't deserve a chance either. Anyway, closing thread. Nominations done, polls will begin shortly.

Also, Leb says he's not as active as much anymore so I'm taking him off the poll till he is free again ^^
Back to top Go down
https://peaceguild.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Nominations   Captain Nominations - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Captain Nominations
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Peace Guild :: Peace-Related :: Peace Talk-
Jump to: