Peace Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Peace Guild site! Please Register using your PW name in the guild :)

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Empty
PostSubject: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:00 pm

I have a little rant against these evil stones, because like you guys I have been fooled into believing that putting wood stones would increase wood magic attack for my werefox. The fact is: IT'S NOT TRUE!!!

Before you guys start buying grade 8's and grade 9's, please read the following and know the truth about elemental stones:

Balas, Beryll, White Jade, etc, are all elemental stones. They proclaim to add either elemental defense or elemental attack. What the explaination DOESN'T SAY is that the elemental attack is purely physical: As in it won't affect your magic attack whatsoever.

It's a nice hopeful thing to think of.

Whitebrume grade 9 = +40 magic attack
White Jade grade 9 = +80 metal attack

So wouldn't the white jade be better for EPs? NO!!!

In fact, the ONLY good elemental stones for weapons would be a metal attack stone for EAs, since they do physical damage with their weapon, WBs with wood stones since they have a buff that increases wood elemental attack already, and possibly WRs if they wanna specialize on killing a mob/boss with a specific element.

Now how do I know this to be true?

You can experiment this for yourself. Find a low level wand with at least one socket. It's a little rare but not uncommon. Use the wand because it keeps close to the same range of damage so it's easier to define. Now, take turns putting in a grade 1 whitebrume and white jade, and go out to adc to see how to damage increases or stays the same when you fight a mob.

What I Found (I experimented with wood. I think it's a Beryl Stone? Too lazy to look xD)

No Stones against any mob = same damage
No Stones against a mob weak to wood = more damage
Whitebrume against any mob = increased magic damage
Whitebrume against a mob weak to wood = hit the mob harder because of it's weakness
Beryl against any mob = same damage as no stones
Beryl against a mob weak to wood = same damage as no stones

Now, any of you guys can try this for yourselves and see the differences. I personally think its stupid that PW made it so unclear. I had a friend the other day start attempting to make a grade 12 elemental stone until I explained this to them.

Now, if I'm wrong at all, let me know so I can buy some wood element stones, but if I'm not, have a quiet snicker at the ones who invested a lot of money into crafting the highest grade they could, without trying this out first.
Back to top Go down
https://peaceguild.forumotion.net
Mutant

Mutant

PostSubject: Re: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 pm

i second this notion...... the elemental stones will add damage for physical dmg only, doesnt work with spells.... (not sure if it adds elemental dmg on the EA's bow or not)
Back to top Go down
Exo the Smexo

PostSubject: Re: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am

i LOL at people who use elemental stones. but not the ones who have the excuse that they can't afford the more expensive ones like physical attack and magic attack (the pure damage ones).

it kind of doesn't make sense to use those stones anyway if it did work the way people thought it did. it only adds on to the element that it states, so MG's can only do 1 enhanced damage on a single branch of skills, or if EP's get the metal stones, someone like me could only benefit from Cyclone, Thunderwield and AoE, when in actuality Plume Quill hits harder than some people would think, and it's the one physical attack aside from Feather Razors that can cast the fastest. plus it's like MG Pyro Edge Tempest (or whatever the fire AoE with physical add on is called) because it deals pure magic damage (as in the Whitebrume damage, not element pure magic) along with physical. and again, someone like me can have a Baal Eido Flora ring giving me both magic and physical, or even an NB ring and it would make me stronger with Plume Quill.

wow that was a lot for just a simple element stone LMAO. cheers guys~
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Lol. Still, even if they can't afford the attack stones, elemental stones add absolutely nothing to your magic attack. They'd be better off just buying a grade 5 mag attack stone if they can't afford anything else. At least that would contribute to it.

Honestly, when you read the misleading description, it really does sound like it adds double the magic attack. I see foxes all the time with wood element stones because it's supposed to 'double damage' form the magic attack stones. Which...it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
https://peaceguild.forumotion.net
Exo the Smexo

PostSubject: Re: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:05 am

well all i can say is that the people who waste their money on elemental stones like that won't be competing with anyone to get the good stones Wink

getting closer to my dream lvl of 100 i'm seeing more and more people reaching it with me, so if they voluntarily give in to crappy equipment, that just means they're not better than u XD. ur talking to the guy who used it his Metal Mastery the second he got the chance, and it only gives 5% more damage. but the thing is, u have to first realize that even though it's only 5% extra damage, it's still one more edge u have against ur opponent. wouldn't u much rather hit that extra 100-200 damage on someone in TW right before they kill u and take them out? yeah, i thought so chillin

love u guys~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!   Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Don't put Elemental Stones on Magic Weapons!!!
Page 1 of 1